Tuesday, June 28, 2005

To Those Who Have...

Well, there's a scripture ... To Those Who Have Will More Be Given Matthew 13:12. Of course, the implication is that it's about "good things." But today, I think this is a principle that's applying to the other side.

Certainly feels like I'm experiencing a fat load of more crap.

Our adoption is delayed yet again because of the paperwork. Since our agency is still not accredited (Russia has been withholding), we must do an "independent" adoption so that many of our papers need to be redone.... that's not just filling them out, but also getting them notarized, carried to the county for their seal and then driven to the state capitol for their seal, then fed-exed to the agency. Naturally, because of the chaos of the house, I could not find the originals. Burst into tears last night.

Then, after more translation, they're saying our first trip won't be until August and probable "pick-up" in October. I feel so badly for our girl.... waiting, waiting, waiting. I'm sure she's even questioning her decision to come. It all feels so heavy today.

Chaotic house doesn't help. My sanctuary is cluttered with things waiting to be moved to the basement... almost done... almost done. Our bedroom is painted a vibrant blue-green ... feels like a water color, but we are waiting for the crown molding to be done. Bed in the middle of the room. I fell off the step stool... crunched my legs. yow. Boxes everywhere. Can't find anything.

House guest is moving out on Saturday.... but of course, I have to arrange the whole thing... trucks, people etc.

And work deadline hovering... July 11. OK. Take a breath. This too shall pass. It will all come together. Mantra: This day is a day given to me to walk and live to the fullest. I surrender to this day. Breathe. "BUT ALL WILL BE WELL, AND EVERY KIND OF THING WILL BE WELL." Julian of Norwich

No comments: