Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. In some ways, it wasn't terribly memorable. After all, the family celebrated this past Sunday with a nice brunch in a great restaurant (of course, the kids complained about the menu... sigh!)... and with Lily driving the "let's go shopping for Mom's (pronounced muam) birthday presents, I got quite the "haul" this year. That's a switch.

But here's the reality. I'm in that next "age group" box. I hate that. Officially, I'm now in the last box ... 55 and older. Yowl! I can hardly stand it. I think I'll have a real crisis here shortly.... yep, it's coming!

Then, yesterday, I decided to tackle the "weight issue" again. That was obviously age motivated as well. Nonetheless, here was today's litany: the only thing you can really control is what you eat today. That about sums it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Irmgarde, I've never had the nerve to respond to your wonderful postings, being afraid I'd do something awful, like accidentally erase something important or blow up the computer, or more likely, write in some embarrassing spelling errors, but I had to respond to this one. You may be in that next age box, but you are not exactly in the last one - "frail elderly." We have to wait a while longer for that one. So let's look at 55 and older as the next 40, and enjoy our crone years. You've got a lot of wisdom to share, and no one thinks young people have wisdom, only older folks.
So happy (late) birthday, and enjoy your many years ahead.
I don't have an official blog identity, so I'll put my name below - Donna from HCPL, and click "Anonymous."

Donna from HCPL