Saturday, May 20, 2006

T-1 Day for Departure

OK... I'm on "Git 'er Done" mode. Got all my paperwork copied and put in packets, got my passports in "fiflicate" (that' my word for 5 - har har), got most of my clothes laid out on the bed, finished a big project at work - Saturday morning no less, got to go food shopping for boys next, so I'm off and running. While on this track, Mike is doing laundry and picking up our friend Reuel from the airport while the boys are at lacrosse... I think we're gonna make it.... puff, puff.

Yesterday, I was so focused on getting things done at work as well as running more errands to the bank, etc., I forgot to call Lily. I felt terrible as I know these calls are a lifeline for her. Fortunately, our translator is available today so I'll be calling her at 12:30 ... last call before we finally get to see each other. I just can't wait!

Here's a picture of where we'll be staying. I think the woman in the picture is facing the door, sort of. Apparently, it's a little tricky finding the place and then once you find it, you have to know the code to get in. I think it was someone's apartment that was cut up into 3 guest rooms.... sounds like an adventure.

Current temperature in St. Petersburg: 57 degrees; expected high on Monday, 69.... sounds good to me.

No comments: