Saturday, June 10, 2006

Life After Travel

Everyone has been so supportive after our trip. It is wonderful to feel everyone's interest in our adoption journey. Many have asked if we have a follow-up date yet, and the answer is, nope! We continue to be hopeful that our return will happen in July since the norm has been about 6 weeks between trips. Please do pray that is the case for us since our U.S. form I600 which allows us to adopt expires at the end of July ... not good.

Life at home has been hectic. Mike's car officially "died" and today he purchased a "new" one - a 2001 Buick LeSabre. We pray it will be a good car and last us for awhile. The timing appears crummy from our perspective, but perhaps it's all for the best.

Kip is finished with school and will be moving to a public school in the fall. Sergei will finish on Tuesday. It has not been a particularly good year for the boys academically. I'm really at a loss about all that. I thought I was jumping through all the right hoops, but I think I've made more mistakes than good decisions and perhaps even more harm than good, but God can redeem all things. I'm holding on to that.

Today, I reviewed some of my journal entries from last fall. I am sorrowfully amazed at the ephemeral quality of truths uncovered along the way. There was lots of good stuff there... lots of discoveries, but they didn't stay with me. They didn't find root. I am grateful I took the time to write my thoughts, at least they are recoverable and hopefully, can be planted anew.

Unfailing love...

No comments: