Sunday, April 10, 2005

Family & Holiness

I'm very tired, but I had to share two separate thoughts this day.

1) For our Russian dossier (paperwork, paperwork), we also have to send in pictures of our family (very conservative, it says, no shorts, no tank tops - gadzooks!) and pictures of our home (inside & out) with no dogs (we have two) and no cats (we have three) in evidence. But searching for pictures on the computer took me through so many memories. Pictures of last Christmas and Oma still with us ... then back to Christmas 2003, our first Christmas with Oma in Maryland ... then the day we adopted Winston the Pug ... oops, no dogs. Then, the day the wind annihilated our deck furniture and there was glass everywhere and on and on and more and more. Since I take most of the shots, the "family" pictures are usually some combination of the boys and Oma and Mike. Family. What a powerful word. Hard to find family today without Oma. I just miss her.

2) Sermon was particularly meaningful today. "Hallowed be thy name" was the topic. I did not know that phrase is really a request of God... let your holiness come into this situation and this day and be reflected. Why, I've said that phrase for almost half a century and never knew it was an invitation, even a plea. But I say it with new understanding now. Oh yes, Oh Lord, hallowed be thy name in my heart... today and always. Hallowed be your name in our family.

No comments: