Saturday, April 09, 2005

Personal Story for Healing

Personal Story: it's one of the reasons I'm taking this journey in this way. While finding my voice here at "Refiner's Fire - Emerging Heart" and while I'm creating my healing space (painted all day today), I am also remembering and contemplating where I have been and where this is all going.

Last year I attended a workshop designed by Dr. Dan Allender (Seattle, Washington) on using personal story as a tool in healing the wounded heart. It was a fabulous jump start for me and I know God is directing me to follow along this road for a season. This is part of my healing, my becoming, my emerging self.

And so, I promise, soon, there will be stories here as well as on my new web site (also, in process, like everything else) ... personal stories, yes. But not just my stories, there will be others as well. Stories that capture an essence. Stories that bring a moment back to life. Stories that give voice to pain. Stories that transcend time and give perspective in a new way. Stories that just remember.

No comments: