Monday, April 18, 2005

Unfinished Floor

Nothing but a complaint today. Mike started putting in the new floor in my special space and he decided half way through the project that the pattern was too much trouble so he changed it. I tried to go along with it, but in my heart, I knew it would always bother me. Even though most of it will be covered by a rug, I need it to be right. Order. Beauty. Comfort. Safety. So, one way or another, I guess it will have to come up and be even more unfinished than it is now. I know it won't be easy... in fact, downright difficult. And I'll probably have to do it myself. Even more difficult.

Sounds a little like my life. Start... stop... shortcut... go back... start over... become overwhelmed... stop... wait... start over.

So many unfinished floors in my life. So many.

1 comment:

J Batton said...

so have we learned anything...that really is the question isn't it. It's those damn patterns we want to alter...right?