Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Keeping True to the Gifts of a Calling

A calling. We all have at least one. I know it. Sometimes great, sometimes small, but a call... to do something. To be there. To act.

How is it revealed, this call. Sometimes, we see it through reading of a Word or sometimes it manifests through a desperately difficult circumstance. But it's right there. And God is equipping us to meet the call every day ... every minute ... every life moment. This life, my life, is God's life. This story, my story, is God's story too.

So what is the gift this day? Sometimes the gift is part of the visionary (long-term) and sometimes, it's just part of the day to day.

Today, I was given a revelation/recognition of the demonic. That's a gift. Can you believe it? Why? Because taunts have no power... they are just taunts. They aim to wound, to weaken and to move me from a path. To see the truth is a gift... without that sight, I might cave in. Not today though. I will not turn aside.

We found out today that there is a marriage license after all, but Fulton County, Georgia offices for such things are running 8-10 weeks in backlog. Taunt. Taunt. Buzzing gnats.

My husband & I are called to adopt a girl from Russia. We are called to stand in the gap between the pain of her past and the hope of her future. I will not back away. Father, make a path through this flurry of antagonists.

No comments: